Sarvodaya is currently seeking suitable candidates to join in ‘Promoting Autonomy for Literacy and Attentiveness through Market Alliances’ Project, which mainly focuses on strengthening literacy and health outcomes of the Sri Lankan education system by improving school supportive systems and feeding.
The Project will also strengthen the training and coaching of Public Health Inspectors, and Public Health Midwives, who are responsible for improving and monitoring health and nutrition of schooling children.
01. Project Manager (Posted on 07.01.2019)
He/She should have a Degree in Nutrition / Nutritional Health / Dietetics / Sociology / Public Management related field and having minimum 3 years experience in similar capacity. He/She is required coordinate all the stakeholders especially the government counterparts and local communities.
Main roles and responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Working under the supervision of the Project Director, the Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for managing and the implementation of the project activities. He/she will be responsible of managing a team of field staff, and establishing and maintaining partnerships with a number of local implementing partners
- Assist to implement the project activities according to the project work plan and ensure that the project objectives are met
- Coordinate and communicate with government counterparts, and local stakeholders
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and communication systems
- Manage the project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports, both internally and to the donors
- Participate in and represent Sarvodaya in workshops and related meetings
- Conduct project events and training in relevant districts and ensure the events/trainings are well-coordinated and arranged
02. Documentation & Reporting Officer (Posted on 07.01.2019)
He/She should have the suitable degree in media related field and having minimum of 1 year proven experience of technical writing, reporting, documentation and data entry with excellent PC/Database skills and knowledge, strong organizational, interpersonal / cross-cultural communication, and time-management skills with strong English oral and written communication skills
Main roles and responsibilities of the Documentation and Reporting Officer
- Taking the lead on producing high quality donor reports in a timely manner and in compliance with donor requirements. This includes effectively liaising with different teams to gather the information required for the reports.
- Creating and ensuring data collection templates are populated by relevant parties, including following up.
- Lead in producing applications and reports for stakeholders, as well as supporting in following up with the ministries if required.
- Supporting field offices to strengthen internal reporting (including the Monthly Management Reports) mechanisms.
- Supporting in responding to donor requests for programmatic and financial information.
- Supporting with the logistical tracking of reporting requirements of all project locations.
- Coordinating with other sectors and departments for the provision of any additional reporting, documentation and editing support required.
- Show flexibility and willingness to work on short deadlines and long working hours, and actively participate with incoming surge teams in the event of a crisis or emergency.
- Comply with and promote acceptable international non-for profit policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
03. Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Posted on 07.01.2019)
He/She should process at least 01-year experience in Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning experience in similar capacity.
- Prepare M&E reports as scheduled (Monthly, Quarterly, Annually) and as and when needed in project progress reviews
- Prepare formats & systems for data gathering, analyzing of field data for verification
- Willingness to travel extensively in the field in all districts of the country
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email)
Appointment will be on contract basis up to 5 years of project period. Applications with complete Bio-Data and names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of two non-related referees and the contact telephone numbers of the applicant, if available, should be forwarded under registered cover or through email to reach the undersigned on or before 15.01.2019. The post applied for should be indicated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Human Resources Manager,
No. 98, Rawathawatta Road,
04. Coordinator (Tamil Medium) to coordinate Northern and Eastern districts, for immediate placement (Posted on 04.01.2019)
- The ideal candidate should possess a professional qualification in the relevant field
- An excellent command of Tamil language both written and oral is must with good knowledge of Sinhala & English languages including documentary translation
- Minimum 3 years experience with interpretation and documentary translation in Sinhala, Tamil and English.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office products and E-mails.
- Be between 25-40 years of age.
- Post will be stationed at Sarvodaya Headquarters, Moratuwa.
- Remuneration – Negotiable
Appointment will be on contract basis initially subject to extension. Applications with complete Bio-Data and names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of two non-related referees and the contact telephone numbers of the applicant, if available, should be forwarded under registered cover or through email to reach the undersigned on or before 14.01.2019. The post applied for should be indicated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Human Resources Manager,
No. 98, Rawathawatta Road,