Our Projects /
September 15, 2023
Strengthening the capacity of the grassroots CSOs & CBOs, and networking them to create empowered and resilient communities to defeat powerlessness and defend democracy to make sustainable development an inclusive reality
Active across all 25 districts of Sri Lanka, the 24-month term project to strengthen the capacities of grassroots Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) aims to create empowered and resilient communities, with the end goal of making sustainable development an inclusive reality. More specifically, the project aims:
1. To develop capacities of selected Sarvodaya Shramadana Societies and other CSOs/CBOs to better face the complex operational and service environment created following the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. To provide the necessary support and guidance to establish sustainable income generation activities and income sources including entrepreneurship development for the CSOs/CBOs.
3. To connect the Sri Lankan CSOs/CBOs with the global discussion of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to promote a holistic development approach by applying relevant SDG indicators.
4. To create strengthened networks and communication channels among the CSOs/CBOs and other stakeholders including Government institutions.
5. To enable CSOs/CBOs to interact productively with local Government bodies, government administrative mechanism and provincial government especially in promoting devolved and decentralized governance.