The immediate relief services were provided through the existing Sarvodaya organizational structure.
After the immediate massive relief effort, Sarvodaya has made the following decisions:
- Relief work will continue as needed.
- The continuing development work needed in the affected areas will be done through the existing Sarvodaya organizational structure with some needed modifications which have already been effected.
- Sarvodaya needs additional expertise in many areas in addition to those listed above, considering the sheer magnitude of the operations. It has identified the following fields / areas for which expertise will be resourced and provided through the National Reawakening Council.
- Camp Management
- Communication and MIS
- Disaster Management Support
- Services Support and Networking