*Goals of the Sarvodaya Strategic Plan 2005 – 2010*
Our goals for the next Strategic Plan period are formulated within the 3 spheres of transformation through the awakening processes as described in the 500 Year Peace Action Plan of Sarvodaya.
h1. Consciousness Goal
Transformation of human consciousness through spiritual, moral & cultural awakening, and deepening societal commitment to non-violence.
h1. Economics Goal
Transformation of the society through the creation of a full engagement economic system that creates sustainable village economies which meet the 10 basic needs of all Sri Lankans through social, economic and technological empowerment.
h1. Power Goal
Transformation of the political system to establish community self governance (gram swaraj), participatory democracy and good governance through political and legal empowerment.
Thus our overarching goals for the next five years are grouped by “circle”. While each unit will emphasize one or two, more then the others, we should all understand how our work is interconnected and how our work impacts all aspects of this movement, of this awakening.
| Consciousness | Spiritual Empowerment |
| – | Moral Empowerment |
| – | Cultural Empowerment |
| Economics | Social Empowerment |
| – | Economic Empowerment |
| – | Technological Empowerment |
| Power | Political Empowerment |
| – | Legal Empowerment |
_Consciousness Goals – (particular focus for Vishva Neketan, ATA Charitable Trust, SED, Field Operations, Women’s Movement, Shanti Sena, International Division)_
* Sarvodaya Peace plan operational throughout Sri Lanka
* Measurable decrease in personal, inter-personal, family and community violence
* 1000+ Gramswaraj villages
* Initial Gramswaraj villages in lead of developing next wave of Gramswaraj villages
_Economic Goals – (particular focus for SED, SEEDS, SRTS, Women’s Movement, Suwasetha, Legal Services, Field Operations, Shanti Sena, IGPs, etc.)_
* 1,000+ Gramswaraj villages
* Reduction of poverty by 20% by 2010
* Increased meeting of 10 basic human needs in all 15,000 villages – with specific targets for each relevant unit ( ie * education, health, energy, environment, water, etc.)
_Power Goals – (particular focus for Field Operations, Deshodaya, SED, Women’s Movement, Legal Services, SRTS, etc.)_
* 1000+ Gramswaraj villages
* Increased village level leadership in all villages
* A new constitution based on community self governance
h1. Internal Sarvodaya Goals
In order to most effectively and efficiently accomplish the above goals and the specific goals to be identified by each unit, division, etc. there are key organizational goals as well. These include:
* Increased Autonomy and self sufficiency of each district unit.
* Financial self sustainability for LJSSS and each independent unit by 2008.
* Increased leadership capacity – specific targets for leadership development in each unit.
* Research and knowledge management.
* Overall communication plan for the whole Movement and for each Unit created and implemented to address internal and external communication
* Increased cooperation and coordination between Units – operationalizing both increased autonomy and increased interdependence (increased utilization of internal products and services).
* Personality awakening process of Sarvodaya fulltime workers enhanced.
* Increased efficiency and effectiveness of programme units to achieve organizational excellence (improved HRM & HRD, ISO 9001 and other applicable quality standards).
* To minimize disparities on remuneration, benefits and rewards within and between different Sarvodaya Units.
* To enhance multi-religious multi-ethnic and multi-lingual character of the Sarvodaya organization and staff.
* To protect and enhance positive image of Sarvodaya.